Old 08-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Honchey

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by Annaquilts
OK so I responded to an add on the slantomatic. The lady send me the pictures and I was fully expecting a 500 series one but it is a 403 in cabinet. It has some feet and cams and is in running order because she has pictures of the different stitching from the cams. It looks in good shape but asking price is $125 or so and it is far away for me. I think of passing it and holding out for a 500 or 500A or am I missing out on something if I do? Anna
Some people prefer the 400 series to the 500, sometimes simply because of the style of the machine itself, or because the front and top doors are less likely to come off .
I prefer the 403 to the 401, because there are less levers to push/pull/ hang from etc. The simpler the better for me!!
If the machine has all its attachments, etc. and is in good condition and has been cleaned, oiled and adjusted, that doesn't sound like a bad price to me--I have sold them for that much. However, if parts or attachments are missing or the machine is scratched and dirty, I wouldn't pay that much.
Miz Johnny, I have 500A And for the life of me I can't find a front door I know there's one on top and one on the side. but the front? Anne