Old 08-05-2010, 08:00 PM
JoAnnGC

I have been very busy with my new old machines this week. I acquired a Husqvarna Viking Class 21 machine a little over a month ago. Through many different online connections I was able to locate the belts from a wonderful repair professional in Pennsylvania. Every place I looked for them with very few results and if I was lucky enough to find them they were over $50 plus shipping for the two odd-sized belts. I was referred to this kind man in PA through a pre-1980 Viking owners Yahoo group. He was so unbelievably kind. He took several days to respond to my email and felt so bad about the delay that he sent me both belts for free!!! So my DH and I oiled and buffed and poked around but could only get the machine to make a straight stitch. The timing was way off and the cam settings were out of alignment. I finally broke down and took a trip to our local SM repairman. I also brought him a copy of the service manual that I got online for this machine, stitch pattern charts for the cams as well as the manual. It took him quite a few tries and a good deal of time but I picked it up today and it is purring like a kitten and making some very pretty stitches. Now I am on a quest to find some extra cams. I have two "C" cams but am looking for A, B and any others that fit this series. So, just when I was almost ready to start playing I got a call from a lady who wanted to get rid of her sister's machine. I picked it up this evening. It is a New Home Light Running Type F with Serial No. NL 3525921, made in U.S.A. in Rockford, Ill. On the bottom of the head it is stamped ALB-201 and has a Westinghouse motor. DH has to rewire the motor since we had a little "accident" when we plugged it in. I think his fingers will be OK :) Does anyone know anything about these machines? It's just a plain, straight stitch model, kind of a brownish-green with no fancy decals, just the New Home nameplate and two circular seals. Is it worth a little time and effort to clean up and oil or is it just a boat anchor?