View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 09:51 PM
quilterguy27

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
Originally Posted by Chele
Never thought about those plastic folders for templates. Great idea! My kids bring used ones home from schools every year. Now I know how to recycle them.

Do try rotary cutting and quilt rulers if you get a chance. Most quilting templates are made just for odd shapes. Plastic folders would be great. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much time and energy you save using a rotary cutter and quilter's ruler. No templates, seam allowance or scissors necessary. And the precision cutting really helps in your piecing. You can still draw a stitching line if you're hand sewing or haven't mastered that quarter-inch.
Ohh no I use rotery cutting all the time :D Dont think I could get anything done if I didn't lol.:lol:
I am just doing the templates for the farmer's wife quilt as that is what was provided for the book. I think someone is doing rotary cutting directions but I chose to do it this way for this quilt. Once you get all the templates made like for the farmer's wife there was 106 templates. Its not so bad as we are only doing 2 blocks a week so the time thing isn't a factor.
This is my slow down and enjoy the roses quilt.

I think that we have become so rotary cutting only that some people dont know how to do templates. This was how I started out in quilting so when some quilters were asking how I thought I would do a tutorial on it.
OOPS! OK, now that I understand the concept forgive me for butting in. Your directions are just right the way they are without me putting my two cents in. Great job and thanks for sharing an alternative way of doing things.