View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 06:29 AM
georgiat

I only have a 10 x 10 "sewing room" and a lot of stuff so it has to stay relatively organized. Note I said relatively. It does get out of order too. I have 2 large cabinets with shelves for fabric, projects in baskets on top of the cabinets,2 bookcases for books, magazines and supplies, a nice sewing machine cabinet that has the fold out arm that looks like a desk, (my embroidery machine lives on top of this) and the ironing board always set up. I have collected my fossil fern fabrics and moda marbles into large totes also. These totes live on a movers dolly with wheels. It sits between the sewing machine cabinet and the fabric cabinet blocking the doors. But, since it is on wheels it is a breeze to move and get to the fabric store inside the cabinet. : ) In the closet I have those wire basket cabinets that are about 30 inches high and some shelves above. This is where I store rulers, templates, patterns, stabilizer, paints, gifts bags, etc. The funny thing is that I rarely sew in this room! It is my storeroom! I sew in the living room where I can be with my husband so we can watch tv together when we get home from work. I always keep my featherweight set up and a project basket with everything I need for my active project on a small table that is fastened with electrical ties to another movers dolly. I keep this in the "sewing room" by day and in the evening roll it into the living room and I'm ready to sew even if it's only for 30 minutes! Those few minutes sewing in the evening after work are what helps me keep my spirit fresh!