View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:26 AM
kristen0112

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
This was a fun project using up scraps without paying attn. to color that I started last week. In case you missed the post, here is the link to my Grab-A-Scrap WIP:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56035-1.htm

The pieces were grabbed, sewn and then trimmed to 3/4" going around the block log cabin style. Still need to add borders that I haven't decided on yet.

The next item is Charm Mini #1. The pattern is Crossed Canoes! I just love that block!! I was thinking about it not long ago and decided to finish it. I started it 6 years ago and it's been waiting for me! Eight little blocks had been done, all PP patterns were ready so I made 8 more little blocks for a quick 4 block mini. It looks just like a Kaleidoscope block! The only difference between the two is that Crossed Canoes' center block is 4 quarter sections where K is a whole square. I just love that little Crossed Canoe block and hope you enjoy my mini! I liked it so well when I got done that I made another one, Charm Mini #2!!! Between both of them, I used 128 different fabrics. In the first mini, I used larger scale fabrics to give it an antique feel to it and I really like #1 the best. I put #2 on point and it's interesting too. I found cheater cloth in the stash and wanted to use it some way so I decided it would make a quick border for #2 mini. BTW, the pattern I did 6 yrs. ago was my own in case you wondered where I got it. I wanted it to finish at 2" blocks PP so I just drew it myself.

The last mini is a chicken panel I wanted to use up. Wow! I can't believe I did this but I had no pattern at all when I started it and just added strips and then trimmed them to 1/2" and did a pineapple method around the chicken. It worked well without a pattern and want to try this again! I have no need for hot pads, potholders or trivets so this will just be a mini for decoration purposes or a gift.

Thank you for looking and enjoying my minis! :-D
Those are great. What is the name of the charm mini #2?