View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:52 AM
lallyann

I would love to think I get to work on crafty project every single day, but life usually gets in the way. And since we have no designated space for crafty, we have to have plenty of time to clean up our "mess" in order to use the kitchen and living room for other daily activites! So here is what we did today (I still have to clean up our mess though! LOL!)

My daughter (age 9) has been working on this quilt and finally finished the top today! YEA! She is so proud of it! If I would let her she would have an entire room filled with charm packs of fabric. She adores the squares. She picked this Moda cherry charm pack and all of the surrounding fabrics out herself. A dear friend is going to help her quilt it on a long-arm quilting machine, hopefully next week.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92629[/ATTACH]

Yea! I made a Dutchman's puzzle square. I bought a kit from a member here, and this morning I made one square. I LOVE IT! Some of my points are off a bit, especially the pale yellow, but I still adore it, and can't wait to work on the rest of the squares.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92630[/ATTACH]

This wasn't done today, but I thought I would include it anyway. This is my 13 year old daughter. She took a one-day class to make this purse. She picked the fabrics out and her teacher said she did all the sewing herself! She did a great job!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92631[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-92624.jpe   attachment-92625.jpe   attachment-92626.jpe