View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 05:34 AM
Skeat

Here's the good trick to that Loretta...I did this on a fluke and it worked great!! I traced the pattern in pencil on the fabric I was going to do the stitchery on(batik). I put the batik fabric on the front, a thin poly batting in the middle and a piece of cheap cream colored fabric for the back. I safety pinned it in place as not to move on me. I used a hoop and 'backstitched' my DMC thread on the stitchery and it puts it in nice and tight (looking). When it was all done...I steam pressed them flat. The poly batting shrunk!! Prob the scientific word would be melted:))It was great!! Made for a thinner piece to sew my blocks on and it looks sharp. Plus the fact I think it will really lock in the stitches. I so recommend trying this for all. I am not sure w/my red DMC on white that I am working on, how it will look. I am going to do a test run for I don't want the red to run and not sure it will or not. I'll let you know on that color when I get there. My last one was stitched on a tannish batik and the stitchery was done in a coppery color and all was just fine. Hope this makes sense:))Skeat