Thread: Not Happy
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nannya54
This is not what I imagined it would turn out to be and I know now what I did wrong. I used way too many prints and I just mixed them all up. Can anyone tell it's a disappearing nine patch? Anyway... It's off to my quilter and she'll preform magic and put a red binding on it. I just made it lap size since I wasn't thrilled with it. Does that happen with anyone else once they start working on a quilt?
The answer to your question is YES. I think it has happened to everyone at least once. If not, they are extremely lucky. I do think it is okay if you are not thrilled with something you make, but please be proud of the job you did. We are all human and have different preferences in color and style.

For example I really do not like old fashioned colors and fabrics. I am making an Underground Railroad Sampler and I am using all Fall colors, because there is just no way I can make a whole quilt with the dull colors of the time. Many people like those colors, but I just don't.

I made a sampler for one of my classes I taught. I used some of what I would call traditional colors and flowers. I have never liked it from day and I won't ever like it. Most people who see it have wonderful comments, the color just isn't what I like. I am glad you made me remember that quilt, when I find it I think I will give it away.