View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bobbinchick
:D :D :D I hope you ladies don't mind me posting all my lone star pictures. I'm so happy with this quilt that my tail's a waggin' I'm using a basting gun to baste it and I will hand quilt to star and machine quilt the rest if it all goes well. I had an unfortunate accident today. I was sewing the last boarder on my pretty quilt and the needle on the machine went right through my finger!!! The needle broke in half and when I pulled my finger out it was bleeding and I was thinking well now I'll have to go to the ER and I didn't have to go. I can't figure out why trhe thread didn't break, but the needle did and went through my finger and I got it all bandaged up and then was able to sew my quilt and now I'm basting it. Enjoy!!! Have a great night Huggies, Fay
I really hope it was a clean needle. Needles can be very dangerous and can cause all kinds of infections. Not to scare you, but please be careful.

I accidentally hit the needle down button and I ran a needle all of the way through my finger and it broke also. My late husband pulled the top out, I pulled the bottom out because we had to use needle nose pliers and he kept pinching the skin on my finger. I was really lucky because I had just put the needle in, so no time for germs to collect. It healed very quickly for me.

Heal quickly and take care of yourself.