View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
I always pull up my bottom thread, then I take two or three small stitches which makes the stitches so they don't come out. I have never heard or putting the bottom thread through your needle, I would think it would make the line look thicker for a little ways, but it would lock your stitches in place. Oh, I think I know what you mean, when you are finished quilting, you take a regular needle NOt on the machine but a regular sewing needle and work the ends in between the back and top to hide the ends9like you when you are hand quilting) and give it a little more security from coming unquilted. Am I making any sense at all. Hope I have helped, and not just confused you any more than you were. Good luck. Just remember to relax, and try to enjoy it.
When I am darning in my ends, I use one of those self threading needles, it's much easier to use as you don't have to try and poke short ends of threads through the eye, you just hold the threads across the top of the needle and they snap into the eye. Only drawback is that you have to use a thimble to sew with this kind of needle, or it chews up your finger!