View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 01:14 AM
gzbird101

Help! My DH bought me a Tin Lizzie 18Ls and I have nothing but problems with it from day one! from the dealer we bought it from, from the Tin Lizzie company & even the "local" (100 miles away) dealer/representative. I'm at my wits end. I used to sew on my little brother machine & grace frame and DH thought this would be "better". Right now I wish I had it back! After practicing on several different materials & threads...and practicing on a quilt sandwich I thought I woud jump in and quilt. No matter what I do I have tons of thread & loops on the back. I have tried everything. New thread, adjusted tension, adjusted bobbin...everything. Even called the dealer we got it from...no help. Tin Lizzie company said contact local dealer...made appointment. Drove 100 miles and when we got there he said he "forgot" and alreadly had someone there and to come back the next week! (after HE set up that day and time because we told him we would be traveling from a different town to ask him questions)...but said he would sell us thread! ARRRGH! I've even looked on the lizzie boards and everything they suggested I have tried! DH is frustrated, I'm frazzled and I can't quilt! Any suggestions?