Thread: Happy Daisies
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 05:26 AM
KathyAire

Happy Daisies is not my pattern or design. I saw a picture of a quilt like this and I thought it was the happiest quilt I ever saw. It was on another quilting forum. I asked the person that posted the picture about the pattern. She said it was a customer's quilt and would ask about it. When she questioned the piecer she was told the piecer was not the designer and didn't know where it came from. No one seemed to know.

I copied it and named it 'Happy Daisies'. I played around with paper until I got the size petals and stems that I wanted. Then I made a template. The blocks are 13" square and then cut in half and sewed together, then squared to 12 1/2". I copy lots of things I see, unless it specifically says don't copy it. If that's not okay, then I'm a dead duck. I do not have a creative mind. Even though I don't know where it came from originally, I do remember my mom making a daisy quilt about 50 years ago. She didn't use the positive/negative color scheme, just the daisy petals. That's probably why I like this quilt so much, it reminds me of her.

Happy Daisies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92988[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-92983.jpe