View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Rosyhf

I love doing my own quilts and what appeals to me. If someone wants to purchase one these, fine. I was a professional seamstress and made a good living at that for years. All the years I stayed home and raised our son, that is.

I had my sewing studio at home. I used the same studio to teach folk art years later when I got sick of the sewing business lol.

Funny thing tho, I never got tired of teaching folk art or quilting. I used to teach quilting at my local LQS and sometimes I feel to go teach again but am having too much fun at home.

I got the longarm about 4 years ago and it has already paid for itself so I dont' care if I quilt another quilt or not lol. I don't advertise and just people who really know me bring their quilts and that is just fine.

I have worked out of the house jobs too, when My son was grown, for some years too and traveled a lot for the paint company. I guess that is way I feel like I just really want to do what I want....I have payed my dues lol....

I have done craft shows with my folk art. I did two a year and those were so fun. I sold very well but not enough to make a living. It payed for christmas and for more supplies, well it's good if it can support itself and it did. When I got out of that, I sold all books patterns etc on ebay and made quite a bit. It's amazing how much money we have invested in our crafts.