Thread: Not Happy
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 09:10 AM
dixiechunk

I, too, am sorry you didn't like this quilt when you finished it. That said, I LOVE it and would be more than glad to take it off your hands! First, what's not to like about the red/white/black combination?! Second, why work so hard to make a 9-patch disappear and be unhappy when the 9-patch actually...aah... disappears?! Yes, I did recognize the disappearing 9-patch pattern. Third, as someone else has said, after being nose to nose with a project for awhile you kind of pass out of that honeymoon stage and get less enamored with it. Fourth, we are all a little too hard on ourselves when it comes time to critique our work. Hopefully when time passes and it gets back from the longarmer you will have a new perspective.
Originally Posted by nannya54
This is not what I imagined it would turn out to be and I know now what I did wrong. I used way too many prints and I just mixed them all up. Can anyone tell it's a disappearing nine patch? Anyway... It's off to my quilter and she'll preform magic and put a red binding on it. I just made it lap size since I wasn't thrilled with it. Does that happen with anyone else once they start working on a quilt?