View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 10:38 AM
amandasgramma

I just found out today (missed it in the paper) that a woman in Sisters, Oregon lost her quilts due to the "Rooster fire"......Unfortunately, the Bend Bulletin doesn't let you read the articles unless you pay...so I copied a portion of it for you. The fire is almost contained the last I heard....but this story breaks my heart!

"Although no homes have burned because of the fire, one storage outbuilding has burned.

And now friends and co-workers have set up a fund at Bank of the Cascades to help Sisters quilter Jackie Erickson, who has worked at the Stichin' Post in Sisters for more than 20 years, who lost almost all her quilts and family keepsakes when the building burned.

Erickson and her husband were getting ready to move, said Jean Wells, owner of the Stichin' Post, and had packed up personal items, quilts and more. They were storing the items in their large outbuilding when the fire came through.

“So she just lost all her special stuff,” Wells said. “She has two quilts on display at the store, and all the rest are gone.”

:cry: :cry: