View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Cherokeequilter

This is to roselady who was concerned about doing her own quilting after sending many quilts out. DON'T give up trying yourself. I have been sewing, hand quilting, designing and doing upholstery work all my life and guess what, my first attempts at machine quilting were a really big surprise to me. Terrible!!!! Now nearly six years later I have made about 40 quilts and love my BabyLock Quilter's Professional so much that I turned down an offer by my husband to purchase a longarm. I have learned that the more you practice the better you get and every time I start a new project I do some practice sessions just to get in the groove again. I am into thread painting and designing a new wall hanging using a photo I took in the yard recently. I have seen many friends learn to machine quilt in our guild and it is exciting. I practice on the quilts that will be going to our area Womens' shelter as the children don't seem to care how perfect my pattern come out. It helps us both and is good therapy. JC