View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 01:30 PM
wordpaintervs

I am sure I must have died and gone to heaven....am I still here? SUrely not. Today I went around the corner to collect my 'home address' mail and there was a package of 4 yards of skin colored fabric that will surely make 4 o4 5 doll bodies for kids with cancer. Than I went to the post-office where a larger box waited for me with hundreds of yards of all different types of decorative laces and solid colored ribbons, tiny trims of flowers that could be sewed on the doll dresses, appliques to iron or glue on and lots of rickrack, then at the bottom of all that enough material with decorations of white on whate that will surely make 3 to 5 nightgowns.

I believe I must have enough for 9 more dolls. My golly, but the Lord sure blessed my day today. I am so fortunate to have received these, that I hardly know how to say thank you. I know 4 or more packages (that will be including embroidery floss) are still on the way. I even got a check for fabric. People are so kind. Thanks so much to everyone out there, that stopped to look, that stepped forward to help me.

The little ones would say thanks I know if they met you face to face....I don't have enough words to get past the lump in my throat from all the goodness that has come my way. No matter how much or little is sent, it finds a place to belong and it is appreciated....as you also are.

Vickey Stamps

Vickey