View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 06:44 PM
llong0233

I'm relatively new to quilting. I started with a class through our local community extension services. We made an 8 pointed star block. I did it all by hand and I was hooked. I have since made three small quilts but did the piecing and quilting on my sewing machine. I have a Brother CS6000i. It's just like my mechanical Brother, same number of stitch options, but digital. I do all my quilting on the regular sewing machine and will continue to do so. I like to do my own thing and it can be very expensive to send a quilt out to be quilted on a long-arm. Besides, I'm not sure computerized long-arm quilting is really "quilting". I went to a local quilt show a few weeks ago and saw some beautiful quilts. Some were all hand quilted, others all done long-arm. I don't think they should be shown and judged together. Maybe it's just me but computerized quilting just doesn't seem like it should be compared to or judged with hand quilting. This is probably more information than you wanted in an answer to your question, but there it is. I can't be too much of a "quilt snob" because I do my quilting on my machine, but at least I'm doing it, not a computer.