Thread: Fav. Quilt Shop
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 05:40 AM
tlrnhi

Originally Posted by babeegirl
My favorite is Prairie Quilts here in Wichita. It's small, jammed packed to the rafters with fabric, the ladies are monumentally friendly and knowledgeable. they also have a huge ol' siamese cat (my favorite) that greets customers and keeps an eye on things but he doesn't like to answer questions :) he's more the strong silent type lol. If I know a storm is coming whether it's ice, snow or rain, they know I'll be showing up to get some goodies! The Turning Twenty quilt they helped me put together turned out incredible. It took us 3 hours to pick everything out but nobody batted an eyelash or acted like I was taking too long. I think I need to go visit them this weekend!
I think that's the one my mother in law visits from time to time to get things. She doesn't quilt, but she does embroider (hand) quilt squares. I'm thinking that's where she gets her quilts longarmed too. Not sure, but I remember her mentioning that shop and she said she would take me there next time I visit. She works at St Francis Hospital, but lives in Independence, KS