View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 09:30 AM
JJs
Banned

Walmart is in the process of shooting themselves in the foot

When they moved in the small towns the existing stores raised a big stink, everybody went beserk, Walmart opened and created competition, mom/pop closed up because their merchandise had been in the store so long the boxes were faded and the stuff was antique but the prices were never lowered.
Walmart - at the time - promised fair prices for AMERICAN made goods - to give the American worker an outlet for the goods and a reasonable price to buy.
Now that the mom/pop places are all gone and there is no more competition, Walmart is eliminating a HUGE amount of the things they carried and getting in a lot of out and out junk for sale.
Yes, I shop at Walmart - I was tickled to death to get those laptops - yes we bought THREE - for the unbelievable price of $298 each! but that doesn't mean I want the cheapest clothes that you can't wash more than twice before they fall apart/fade/look like crap, (boy did we get some HUGE bargains at Kohl's this weekend!)
There's a fine line between bargain and garbage and Walmart is crossing over it in many ways and losing customers.

On that note, neither of the two Walmarts here have gotten in any really new fabric for quite awhile -