Old 08-08-2010, 12:13 PM
jrhboxers

I have been planning a quilt in my head for a while now. A major part of this 'dream' project is a set of alphabet animals - you know the blocks with the letter and then an animal that represents that letter. I have been looking for cross stitch charts for this for a long time and have not found anything that I really like or matches the picture in my head. And I really don't think that cross stitch will hold up well enough. I want this quilt to be usable, not just decorative.

Anyway, after seeing so much beautiful embroidery work on this and other boards I have decided that the best way to accomplish my blocks is to do them with machine embroidery. I have priced embroidery machines and that will not be happening anytime in the foreseeable future.

So, I know that there are numerous owners of embroidery machines here on the board. If you are willing to help me and have a set of alphabets that you think will match my imagination, let me know. I am more than willing to pay you for your time and materials and assistance. I am wanting to have the blocks embroidered on solid white cottons. They will then be used as focal pieces in a crazy quilt so that I can add special stitches and hidden things on the quilt itself.

If you are interested in this, please drop me a note. You can PM me here or my email address is - jrhboxers at netscape dot net. Thanks so much.

Jane