View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 06:16 PM
dkabasketlady

I haven't forgotten about doing this challenge. Life has gotten in the way. I've got sooooo many other things to do that I had a little extra time and decided to get all the blocks done and put together while I had the chance. I still need to add a couple borders. This measures 60" x 86" so far. I only need this to be full-size and it'll be for my older brother. He has blues, browns and greens in his bedroom.
I'm going to use the same white paisley for the first border then I thought that I'd add a small border of blue to frame it and then add all the extra 2 1/2" sqs. I had cut extra as another border and then add another border of the white paisley. I have a blue paisley backing fabric I can use. I haven't figured out what I'm going to use for the binding, but I might possibly add all the extra 2 1/2" strips together and make a scrappy binding to go with the scrappy quilt I made him.
I have 111 blocks in this quilt(I know it's more than I needed to make, but I didn't want to make a lot of tablerunners and really wanted to do this for my brother) and NO two 9-patch blocks are the same. Thanks for looking!

Looking at the quilt top without borders from length to length
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94158[/ATTACH]

9-patch block on point
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94159[/ATTACH]

the edge of quilt before adding the first border
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94160[/ATTACH]

Another view of the quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94162[/ATTACH]

Another all over view of quilt top for my older brother
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94163[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-94153.jpe   attachment-94154.jpe   attachment-94155.jpe   attachment-94157.jpe   attachment-94158.jpe