Old 08-08-2010, 07:13 PM
quilterguy27

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I have two featherweights and I'd love for one of them to be orange. It's just that although they aren't in any way perfect I wouldn't want to ruin them or diminish their value by changing the color. One is a 1948 that runs great but isn't cosmetically a looker. The other is a Centennial 1951 that looks ok, but needs to be serviced. Should I consider painting one or find one beyond repair and have it redone all together? You are the expert and I will heed your advise. OK, just tell me what to do! LOL
Since there were so many FW's made you can take the 1948 one and redo it and make it more valuable. I would just preserve what you have with the centennial.

I am not real hip on the FWs' but I am looking at a 1939 San Fransisco Expo edition FW on eBay right now. I would like to have it of a Texas State Fair FW.

Billy
Billy:
I'm going tohave to figure out how I can swing this. I would love to have the 1948 painted orange. How many shades do you have in orange. How would you do the stensils? Maybe in black? Not sure how gold would show up on the orange. How much extra for custom stensils? Just a bunch of questions running around in my head like sugar plums. Also I need to have the centennial serviced. I know you can do them both but we're talking bucks for me to ship both of them to you to paint one and service the other. Scarry and I have to find the money to boot. I was gonna say PM me with your response and I guess you can but I figured everyone else would be curious to your response. Either way, I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a ton!!! I love your work!!