Thread: Roman HOliday
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 08:38 AM
BKrenning

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Originally Posted by BKrenning
Originally Posted by dgrindey
Hi all,
I thought I had sent this request in but apparently I did something wrong. So, if you see the request twice, forgive me.
I would like to know if anyone has the pattern for the Roman Holiday quilt? If so, please may I have a copy? Thanks much,
Donna
Is this it? http://www.thewoolenneedle.com/image...%20Holiday.JPG
Thank you for this site. I may have to order this book. Thanks
I think it was just a pattern--$9 is the price I remember. the quilt looks fairly simply except for the few scattered blocks that have the itty-bitty triangles in them but even those wouldn't be too hard if they are paper-pieced and there are only a few of them.

It looks more tricky than it is because the blocks are diagonally set & cut at what looks like a 45 degree angle. Starch well and it should be ok. I believe Kaye Woods has a tutorial that shows how to strip piece 45 degree angle blocks and I know she has a "View & Do" Diamond ruler.

I thought it was odd that Moda wasn't giving away this pattern but I couldn't even find any mention of the Roman Holiday fabric on their web-site much less a pattern using it. Maybe it was a pre-cut kit at one time so now they can't honestly give it away since some people might have paid for it.