View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 08:57 AM
dar627742

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
I have met several quilting friends from differnt sites, and it is always fun. I have a very special friend in Idaho that I met online, then got together with on a vacation trip. It really is fun, and makes it so much more personal
i was lucky enough to meet w/ a member here when we wenton a trip to fl.for my dd 50 b-day.she lives in ala.so my WONDERFUL bf stopped on our way home.daphne is a terrific person,very interesting & up-beat! we made a really "odd couple"as she is younger than my kids,is a running coach& also is a marathon runner,does all hand quilting & repairs antique quilts,[the one she was working on was from 1860!]i am 68,have fibro & arthritis,can only walk short distances,do only machine work because off med. problems.was worried that we wouldn't have anything to say after "hi"....we met & felt as if we'd known each other for years..not i min. of uncomfortable silence.had a nice lunch,she took me to her fav.lqs,picked out 4 fabs for me in 10 min that would have taken mehrs[if not DAYS]to pick out.she is absolutely wonderful !my 1st,hopefully not last,e-friend!all in all,a really great day!thanx to this board,i have a new friend!