Old 08-09-2010, 01:55 PM
no1jan

Originally Posted by no1jan
[
I am supposed to pick up some scraps from a woman I know tomorrow. They are small, leftovers from an Accuquilt Pro.

If anyone knows of any person that needs scraps and can really use them not sell them, let me know. I have no problem sharing as long as they don't try and make a profit from it. I would rather it go to someone who really needs it!
I just had a pm from someone on the board thinking I was talking about them. When I said I don't like people who take things for a profit it was a result of what happened over the weekend NOT ON THIS BOARD!!!

I volunteered at a charity center in downstate New York where people could go in for $2.00 admission and take ANYTHING they want. There is everything there at some point or another including furniture, appliances, food (which is handed out), clothes, and much, much more. It is really a fantastic place that helps many people.

What happened is some folks came in with the large black garbage bags and just filled them and crammed them into vans. They didn't pick and choose, they just grabbed. They had so much stuff they had to push the doors closed! You know they were just going to sell it, and maybe they did need the money, but a lot of other people needed the items also.

I hope I didn't offend anyone on this board! That certainly was not my intention. This board has been wonderful to me and helped me out tremendously especially this post! I have learned so much and feel that we are all friends here.

I get things for free or nearly free at times like yesterday, and whatever I don't or can't use, I like to pass it along to someone who can.

I really am sorry if I did offend anyone!