View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 07:08 PM
pbreon

Yep, got the pant stretchers too!!!!
I have used these up to today... my husband wears
wranglers and the creases are great ... he loves his wranglers to be real stiff...Mom used them for all of my bros and dads pants... this was one of the things I had on my private wish list to get from mom and dads estate ... I got them!!!
wringer washers!! wow... my folks had a Laundrymat in Phoenix in the 40's and the machines were the wringer tops... i remember the one we had in our Laudry closet too!!! g-ma got her had in it all the time!!!
Originally Posted by Midwestmary
Mom used a Coke bottle with the aluminum sprinkler stuck in the mouth of the bottle. I have that thing around here somewhere. I remember Mom asking what I want that old thing for anyhow. And she had pants stretchers too. Medival torture devices if as a kid you ran in to them!! And the ringer washer - I don't know how many times I ran my hand thru the wringer with a bunch of clothes. But we had an electric dryer when the 5th baby came along. Us kids thought we were living high on the hog then!!
It's fun sharing memories :) I remember pants stretchers, and clothes hung all over her house. I used to be afraid of the farmers overalls that she would bring in from the line freeze-dried! I'm sure there are a lot of us who remember what a chore it was to keep house fifty years ago :)[/quote]