View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 08:08 PM
BKrenning

Originally Posted by Zoe's mom
I use my 6 X 24" ruler every day.....I wouldn't know how to cut fabric WOF without it....get those little rough dots and put them in 3 places on both sides of the ruler and it won't slip while you are cutting with it....also, press down hard on the ruler, cut halfway up and then move your hand up the ruler and cut the rest of the way. I think the only ones I don't use are those triangle ones.
My 6 x 24" ruler is my absolute favorite! The most useless was a 5 x 24" with the lip to hang onto the edge of the table but it was no where near accurate and I wanted it out of my house so I wouldn't grab it by mistake. I gave it to my friend who only uses the lines on her mat to measure.

I have the set of Darlene Zimmerman's Tri-Rec rulers and have never used them. They are sort of odd-sized & are for certain blocks. I also have a hexagon ruler that I never used because I found out how to strip piece them instead using a 60 degree line or ruler.

I started to buy the June Taylor Shape Cut ruler the other day but I just don't know if I like it. I'm afraid I'll end up with the dreaded "V" if I fold my fabric into thirds or quarter WOF to make it fit under it. I have enough trouble avoiding it by folding in half. Do they make a 24" version?