View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 04:41 AM
Maride

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
Originally Posted by Rainy Day
Ummm, you are in her home, and sewing is not a silent thing to be doing when you are on a machine. Maybe it was her passive aggressive way of asking you to be quiet while she watches a soap opera?
Honestly, though... if that was her way of getting her DIL to stop sewing, that was not a nice way to do it. Had she just said, "The sewing machine noise is a bit too much, could you wait to sew until I am not watching TV?" she would not have been offending. The way she went about it, it definately seems that she was deliberately trying to get a rise out of her DIL.
I would not interfere with her TV watching a bit. They have their own apartment separate from the area where we are. They have a huge basement and they don't have to see us if they don't want. I know is not the noise that bothers her, is the fact that I am busy with my own little thing and not listening to her gossiping about the neighbors, the soap opera or God knows what else. She lives everybody else's life but hers, and as long as she stays away from mine I don't say a thing. Is amazing to even see my kids not paying attention to her.