View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 07:20 AM
amandasgramma

Originally Posted by pojo
That is cute.
But very true they need to stop cutting trees down.
I don't know where you live, and don't want to start an argument, but if you get on a mountaintop here in Oregon, you'll see it's got more trees than anyone would believe. A few facts that most of the population don't know: The trees that are cut down for houses, toilet paper, paper towels are HARVESTED trees. The companies grow the trees for that purpose...they're not cutting down trees for these purposes in the National Forest or on BLM land. They DO cut down trees in our area near housing developments, campgrounds, or near the highways to cut down on fire hazard. Now that being said......BLM and National Forest DO sell off land....THAT's what you want to stop. Near us, before the economy falling, they sold off a huge area of land....in such a large "plot" that no single person could buy....a developer bought it and decided to put in a resort....a resort that the normal people would not be able to afford. The plans were to sell the LOT for $250,000 and on up!!!! THAT's what I'd like to see stopped.....

off my soapbox now...:-D