View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 08:07 AM
hereca622

I've made three of the turning twenty pattern. If you check my blog below, you can see all three in the same place.
I cut out all of the pieces and then looking at the layout on the picture, I lay them on the floor in the right place and then start moving them around. The last thing that I do, is add the border pieces.
I number all twenty blocks in order ( 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16 & 17-20) and safety pin the three pieces together. If a block is next to a border piece, I pin all together. ( On the 4 corners, I mark the border piece top or side) I sew on my border pieces as I make my squares.
If you only have the measurements and no picture, there are many pictures of the pattern on the internet. Just print out a picture of the pattern front. It may help to number each block on the picture, also. At the sewing machine, put together each block and then each row, by looking at the location of each piece on your pattern.
As I finish each block, I pin the number to the TOP of each block to help me keep the direction straight when I piece the rows. When I sew the blocks together, my quilt top is finished and the border has already been added.