View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 04:27 PM
MiawMC

I went to my first quilting class and while I wasn't the youngest in age, I was certainly the newest to quilting. It was a beginners hand quilting class and I loved it. Our instructor brought all sorts of thimbles for us to try in addition to teaching us the basics. I fell in love with a Roxanne thimble and had to have one. I've had it on ever since (instructor's suggestion for those of us not used to working with thimbles).

I like hand quilting with the hoop, but want to learn some other methods until I find the one that works best for me.

The other plus was the store where I went to the class had a huge bin of fabric scraps and they sell them by the pound. For 5 dollars I came home with a huge bag of greens and pinks. I need greens for a frog quilt and pinks because my best friend's little girl wants a quilt "with pink and purple cars" (go figure).

I had a great time and really enjoyed my first class and I look forward to my next one in August on Cotton Theory. However, I was really frustrated :) How can something that looks so simple be so hard to execute? I have LOTS of practicing to do!

Do any of you remember your first quilting class? Any fun anecdotes?

Lisa