View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Ripped on Scotch

Originally Posted by mortinarose
This has nothing to do with VIP cards but JoAnn Fabrics makes soo mad. I went in to buy batting as it was half price (warm & natural) I wanted 12 yards. The roll she had only had six. I said, there is a box there that isn't opened. She asked ME if it was the same stuff. I didn't know but go look!!! She did brought the box up. Made all kinds of comments about me getting soo much. She called for help from a clerk. The big roll knocked down some stuff on the counter which she wasn't happy about. If she was more careful and wasn't so mad because I wanted 12 yards she would have done fine. Then she is saying she (me) will need a semi to take this out, it could have been cut in 6 yard pieces. Well if I wanted two 6 yard pieces I would have asked for that. There were some other comments but I couldn't hear. Anyway I got my bundle from the disgruntled clerk and did not need a semi to get it home. The attitude just FROSTED ME!!. I also bought a couple things at 50% off. You would think they would be happy to have a sale. I don't buy material there but I like the batting sale and accessory sales. I wish I had a store I could go to closer but the next store is 200 miles away. Oh well I just go there when absolutely necessary.
you think you made them mad. My mom & I asked for the entire bolt & they couldn't tell if it was a new roll or not so they measured it all out. all 40 yards of it... But they were really nice about it by the end we had a method. But $5.99 a yard plus the VIP card it was a good deal. My mom has a Gammill so we just store it on the pole under the table and only have to buy it when it's on sale. it's fantastic