Thread: Patriotic quilt
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
I just had to fill you in on the patriotic quilt I was working on today. I posted pictures in the "pic" section, so shoot over to that after reading this blog.

Most of my cutting were done yesterday and I spent hours on it. As quilters we all know that! Usually in between my quilting, my grandchildren have to eat, pee, need a boo boo kissed, eat again, etc. They also love seeing what I am working on. My set up is usually in the dining room and kitchen with the ironing board and iron blocking their path so they don't run into it. The iron makes the area hot so I usually keep a fan on the counter but it was in my office so I set up the floor fan but didn't get a chance to turn it on tonight. Can you picture this........I get help with the fan! Yes, everyone, she turned it on and ALL MY CUTTINGS, SCRAPS, AND SKETCHES BLEW ALL OVER THE DINING ROOM FLOOR.! !@!@!@ Not good!!!!! I think my blood pressure skyrocketed and I let out a curdling scream and I know I scared her. As of this post I am laughing, but it wasn't funny then. I am still laughing.

Gee, I am wondering has this ever happened to anyone else?
No, I guess I'm just lucky. This has never happened to me. But I have two quilt-adoring cats, and numerous grandchildren who are here quite often. So, I HAVE had a few "incidents."
I think you probably shop at the same LQS that I do. Do you go to Suwanee Valley Quilt Shop? One of the ladies who works there lives in Bell, which she pronounces Beeal. For a long, long time I thought there was a town in FL, that I'd never been to, named Beall. I live in Gainesville so it's a bit of a drive for me.
8-)