View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 12:52 PM
sahm4605

I am fighting mad. My quilting buddy and I got together today to work on a baby quilt for a mommy to be at church and we had picked up a few charm packs from JoAnns. We loved the colors and the patterns in them. Got them open a few days ago and they had two in the pack that looked like they were just thrown in and didn't seem to really go with the other squares, which isn't a big deal because we made it work. well when we went to sew them all together that was when the problems really started to hit the fan. Not only where the squares not the exact size of 5" but they were not all quite square. most were only off by less than 1/8". really frustrating. but when we ironed them they were really messed up because they were cut not in a true square but had some corners that were not 90*. We were really mad about all this then as I am ironing out the fabric trying to get them all in some resemblence of a rectangle, I found that my buddies machine has lost its tension. So now the bottom thread is able to be pulled out. So after about an hour of trying to fix the tension problem I gave up and we are going to get together tomorrow to try and finish up. We have some of them in 4 squares and some on rectangles and some flapping in the wind on their own. This was all done while 4 children ran nuts playing. Their ages are 11 months. 21 months 2 1/2 and 4. Are we crazy or what? hehe

Does anyone else ever have this problem with the charm packs? Not being cut right? or even the right size. As well as missing squares? (we were missing one square out of the 4 packs we got.) I don't think that I will be doing the charm packs again. I will just buy fabric that I like together. Which we have another baby blanket that we are going to be making for a mommy who is 17. (second baby, only good thing is she is married to the daddy of both babies) Don't get me started on this baby blanket.