View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 05:29 PM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by ckcowl
I have a stitch regulator which i NEVER USE. I have a few times turned it on, it drives me crazy! i have a friend who rents time on my machine and always uses it. when i teach people to use the machine i do not allow them to use it until they are comfortable with the machine, i think of it just like cruise control on your car, if you do not have good control on your own you have no business setting the cruise control (at least that's my thought process) so, once you learn to use the machine and self-regulate fairly well, then go ahead and 'turn it on'...i think that the machines on the market are probably still 'up-gradeable' but it is an expensive feature to add. I bought my machine new and the regulator option added $1,700 to the cost of the machine...i really feel like i wasted my money, but i know people who love them and would not even try to quilt without...so, i guess it is a relative thing; depends on each individual.
when i first got my machine i used it, but now i never do. i'm very steady without it and it drives me nuts. i wish i'd used the money for other accessories instead. i so agree with ckcowl.