View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 04:40 AM
ksea

My DH and went on a fabric/quilt store trip a month or so ago and on our trip we encountered a wonderful Amish woman who had some of her handemade quilts for sale. I am a full time student and I don't have all the time to quilt that I would like to have. I have 6 kids and 12 grandchildren, all but the youngest DGD (10 months) have a quilt that I made (hers is in the works, will be a birthday gift) but the kids don't have theirs yet but 5 of them have picked out their patterns and fabric. One DD lives in AZ and hasn't picked hers out yet, so on this trip my DD picked out a quilt that the Amish woman had for sale, it was just beautifully done, lots of beautiful hand stitching on it, he paid $600. for it. I mailed it to the daughter in Az and 3 days after she got it she called and said "nice blanket dad" she hadn't even taken it out of the box! My husband was heartbroken, he explained what it was and my DD was ashamed that she hadn't even looked at it. Any way he says she will never get any of the quilts that I make because if it doesn't come from a designer store it isn't good enough for her or her home.