View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 06:04 AM
Theresa

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
Originally Posted by Pepita
I saw somewhere that if you are using a banquet table, you could use PVC pipes that are a bit bigger than the table leg. You cut the PVC pipes however many inches your table is too short, and then use them as leg extensions. (like Spudgm) The PVC pipes can be spray painted so that it blends in to the color of the legs.
That what I have. I took a 4 ft folding and raised it up. It was easy enough I did it myself. Well expect cutting the PVC pipe. I had the very kind gentleman at Home Depot do that for me when he was puzzling over why I was trying to do. Here's a photo of it. He also suggested the caps, he wanted me to glue them on. But they are such a snug fit, I've never had a problem with them coming off. One of the things you can't see well is the nut and bolt system that goes through each leg to support the tables legs inside the PVC. You measure up, or down, the leg and drill a hole for the nut and bolt.
Now this looks like a perfect solution. We need a company that will come up with some adjustable legs on a good cutting table.