View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Sassy913

I learned a long time ago when making things for my family (mostly mother and sister) that our tastes were so different that it was difficulty to make something they truly appreciated. So, from then on we started what I call the "I get it back" gifts. Whatever we give one another, if for any reason they no longer want it, I get it back. They've begun the same kind of routines between themselves, too and it is really working out well. I must admit, I have a tendency to make things with fabric I love more than they might, but after all, if I may ever get back, why not? And they have become more thankful and appreciative of the crafting and time that goes into my gifts. I cannot keep up with them financially and they'd rather pay big bucks to send something than take the time to make it. So in my estimation, we're even. Like the author Debbie Macomber says, "make every stitch count as a prayer, a good thought or just plain fun and whatever you're making will be worth the effort." Go for it!!!