View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 02:39 PM
jrhboxers

I have EQ7 and you do need to be connected to install it, and for periodic updates. I have had a cou[;e of update notices, but I think they are generated when you have been off-line for a certain length of time. When we went home to Indiana I used my husband lap top in the car, the hotel, etc. While we were in Indiana, after about 10-11 days, it sent me a message that I needed to 'hook-up' in order to check for updates. Logged in at my best friend's house, and all of the messages disappeared. I did get a message that there had been an update to some library but never really figured out what. On our way home, I logged-in with the laptop at the hotel, and have used it numerous times since with no new messages. Probably because I am on an internet connected desktop 99.9% of the time. In talking with the rep about another clitch - on my part - she said that it is basically to keep everything updated and to fix any quirks or system problems as they arise.

So the summary of my long-winded (sorry) speech is - you should be fine using it off-line as long as you check in once in awhile. HTH