View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 04:06 PM
charmpacksplus

I get these phishing emails all the time. I report them immediately to PayPal by hitting the forward button, send to [email protected], and you're done. You don't have to explain anything. They know! In fact you should not add any comments to the email that you are forwarding.

When you get those emails, there is usually a link within it to sign in to your PayPal account. NEVER use that link. It does not sign you into your account, it reveals your password to the person on the other end. Now they can hack your account because you just gave them your password.

I received several fake emails (PayPal, Ebay, Yahoo, banks) just this week - one stating that I had added a new shipping address to my account. It showed some address in another state. Phishing! One showed I had purchased a watch for 369.99 - phishing! One said I needed to update my password - phishing! One said that my inactive account would be deleted if I didn't update my email address. PHISHING!!

Do not click on any link in any email that makes you nervous. It's almost always a phishing scam. Go directly to your account by typing the url or website address into your browser, check it out, report it to security on that site.

Yes, it happened to me once. What a mess!