View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Lyn4ty

I think it's a great idea to give someone a nice gift and yet test them out for future quilty gifts. I know that if someone, friend or family, took the time to make me something I would make sure to use it, display it, and treat it like it was the Hope diamond. If your cherish your family and friends, and they give you something from the heart, you should love them and the gift. One day it may be all you have of them to remember them by and how they loved you enough to take the time to do something special. I cherish every hand painted, cross stitched ornament my BFF Anna gave me, and all her other gifts as well no matter how much they cost or how well made they were, she did them with love and now that she is gone way to early from my life I remember her, her love and the good times every time I see them. I have been lucky enough to find another BFF and she quilts, I have made her several things, including a quilt. She has raved over them, showed them to everyone, put them in a small county fair for display and tells me how soft and lovely my quilt is getting. There are those that will appreciate your lovely gift and it's good to know who to give them to, so your thread is wonderful, a gift to us!