View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by Beffy_Boo
You are so right. A friend of mine is pregnant with her first child and I planned to make a quilt for her. She is very much like a daughter to me. She loves animals and works in animal rescue so I painstakingly looked for bright dog prints (without much luck) and finally found some really cute fabrics with paw prints, bones and the like. Got right to work on it...a rail fence pattern...worked like a dog (yeah, pun intended). Showed it to friends and they loved it. Top is all pieced and I got cute flannel for the backing with dogs on it. I was sooo excited I wanted to show it to her but then I wouldn't have had "the perfect shower gift." Much to my astonishment, when I showed her the pattern she scrunched up her face and told me it was ugly and too busy. She then proceded to show me a panel quilt..no patchwork at all that she "just had to have." Ugh...nothing against panels but without at least a pieced border they just don't seem like real quilts. Thanks for letting me vent.
Good grief!!! These stories just keep getting more and more awful! I hope there are more people out there who like their gift quilts than don't like them. I feel so bad for you. 8-)