View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 PM
JCL in FL

My youngest son has a quilt I made for him when he went to college and then added to when he graduated and got a Queen size bed. When I would go visit the corner was always turned down and you could see the label. I'd turn it back and then when we would come the next time it was turned down again. I asked him why he did that. And he said, "I don't want anyone to think it's just something I bought, but that is made just for me by you." That kinda makes up for the time when I made a quilt for my daughter and mailed it to her for her b'day and I had to ask if she liked it. Needless to say I'm making my son another quilt to replace the one that is getting a bit tattered now. I don't make bed quilts for my other sons who have wives that prefer their own style and would just use it to make me feel good. I've made them throws that are seasonal and they like those. (Probably because they don't have to look at them all year long)They loved the baby quilts I made but the effort that goes into a large bed quilt means I want the receiver to like it as much as I do making it for them. Some people just don't get quilts or care one way or another and then there are people like us who drools over a pretty quilt.