View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 10:38 PM
gale

Originally Posted by oatw13
Originally Posted by gale
I have the security key but I have to say, I have never had a problem logging into my account without it. They ask a question or two and I was in.
The security key is the size of a credit card and my account is set up so that you are required to enter in a random six digit number that the card provides every single time that you log into your account. If you don't have the right number that the key generates, you cannot access the account.

This is different than the security questions you set up yourself and type in the answers to.
Yes, I have the actual physical security key that requires you to enter the 6 digit number with your password. In fact I have two because I have two paypal accounts. Mine isn't credit card sized though-it's a small oval thing with a key fob at one end but it's the same idea-you push a button and it gieves you that 6 digit number. And I can still get into my account even without the key. I just have to answer a security question. I've done it a few times, sometimes when I didn't have the key and sometimes when the key wouldn't work. I've never not been able to log in without the key.