Thread: Whew!
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 07:14 AM
Butterflyblue

Kids went to thier Nana's today, husband off to a farm extension workshop. I thought "Oh boy, I'm going to get a lot of sewing done!"

Then I thought, well, I better do some housework before I sew. I'm going to put in a load of laundry and do the dishes first. As I was doing the dishes, I heard a huge "THUMP!" from the laundry room (okay, the laundry nook/utility space, we don't have a real room). The huge 90-load jug of laundry soap, which had been sitting on the dryer, fell off from the shaking when the washer hit the spin cycle. Laundry soap poured out on my floor.

So I hurried and picked up the jug and scooped as much as I could off the floor by hand. THen I finished the dishes and got out the mop. I mopped and mopped, rinsed the mop out, mopped some more. I had a bucket full of very very soapy water, and I thought, well, hate to waste it, guess I'll wash the pickup.

Washed my husband's very muddy pickup (we had a good rain a couple of days ago). Brought in laundry off the line, while I was outside. (Did I mention it is HOT out there already?) One more pass of the mop to try and get the soap off my floor.

Now I have time to sew, and I feel like I RICHLY deserve it, but I'm too tired and all I want to do is sit here with a coke and read the message boards.