View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 08:21 AM
brwnntwn

Originally Posted by Bev
Originally Posted by brwnntwn
My older sister taought me to sew. She is an amazing seamstress - but does not "get" quilting. (unless the quilt is made from scraps or old clothes) ANYWAY, I decided to make her a quilt in her favorite colors with her favorite things - cats. It took me almost a year to finish this quilt with all of the piecing involved in the squares. Come Christmas Morning her comment was "it's about time some one made something for me". I know whe has looked at it because she commented on a flaw on one of the squares - but she keeps it in a box in her closet because it is "too nice to put out." sigh. I was amazed at this response from the person who taught me to sew and craft! My sister in law - who drives me crazy - has been begging me for a quilt - but she understands what goes into it. One of these days she will get it too!
What a wonderful quilt!!! I love it!
She sounds like she has a hard time expressing her feelings about gifts. She just HAS to love this quilt. And lots of people put these gifts away because they think they're too precious to take a chance on having them out where they can get damaged. Do you think maybe this was the problem with her?

8-)
I am SURE that you are right! I do wish she would use it though so all the love and hugs I put into every stitch would hold her everytime! She pretty much raised me as our mother worked (back in the day when widows did not get jobs they got new husbands) I have told her that - and she says she might after her cats have passed on as she does not want them to, well --- they are old cats. Thank you so much for your amazing insite!