Old 08-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Gwyn

Originally Posted by Terryl
Today will be a bit of a challenge for me, I have a date tonite with my bestest man, (my 7 year old grandson). We're going to the dinner theatre to see Seussical the musical. Celebrating the 50th anniversary of green eggs and ham :) :) Guess what's on the menu? Now, I'm not much of an egg eater and as I don't eat meat, (only fish and seafood) the ham will not be a challenge for me, but the dinner is a buffet, my best laid plans for tonite are as follows: large salad, steamed veggies,(if available) and fish if they have it, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. If not maybe I'll be able to make it out with JUST a salad.
Terry: Remember why you are going out. It isn't for the food. It is to spend time with your grandson. You have a great plan, just ask the waitress to bring you some salad dressing in a seperate little bowl. Dip your fork in the dressing and then in the salad. Eat slowly and concentrate on keeping the conversation going. Try seeing who can recite the stories and poems from memory. Take two pens and see who can invent the best New Suess character. And, buy a box of sugar free, low fat fudge cycles. Then you and grandson can have a treat when you get home and can resist the desserts. (Remember: Chocolate ooey-gooey looks better on your grandson than on you. Careful, it will grow on you :D )

If you NEED something to nibble on, get some raisins, seeds, nuts, on a small plate and eat them one at a time.

Have a great time.