Old 08-12-2010, 09:06 AM
dgrindey

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Ok Folks!

Here is my Letter of Interest. For those that might not know or remember, I was offered a position on the Advisory Council that is a state wide position here in SOuth Dakota. It is all about helping mental health consumers get the help they need and also to provide support in the various communities for people with disabilities.

PLEASE tell me what you think about this letter. I am a nervous wreck about it.

Here goes:

August 12, 2010

Dianna L. Marshall, Director
PAIMI Program
South Dakota Advocacy Services
1575 N. LaCrosse St., Suite K
Rapid City, SD 57701

Re: Advisory Council Position

Dear Dianna,

Please accept this letter of interest as my official request to be considered for the Advisory Council position of an Individual from the Public Knowledgeable about Mental Illness ...which will be ...opening up on September 30, 2010.

I have been a consumer of mental health services in Rapid City for more than four years ...and in California... for more than 12 years. I am very knowledgeable of different mental illnesses and treatments for said illnesses. As a consumer I feel I would have much to offer the council. (you may want to tell them what you have to offer)

I have also spent a number of years working with private organizations preparing reports for various reasons. (what type of reasons) One of which was compiling reports for the federal courts in regards to property receiverships. I have a number of skills (what are you skills) that I feel would be an asset to the council in preparing the annual reports that are required to be submitted to the Center for Mental Health Services.

I am confident that I will be an asset to the council. (you said this above)

Thank you so much for meeting with me last week and for providing me with the information regarding this opening.

If you should have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me via email or telephone. My telephone number is (605) 721-2967.

Sincerely,

Melissa Rains
You may want to change a couple of things--see your letter. I have placed .... around those things that you may want to change and ( ) around some of my comments. Hope you figure it out ok. Good luck to you, Missy.

Donna