View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:40 AM
lab fairy

Originally Posted by Donna - Batiks
I hate cutting with rotary blade when it is a longer piece. I have a ruler I bought at Wal Mart for $30. You can not always find it there and the quilt shops say they won't sell it because there is no profit BUT! if you have trouble with wobbly/wonka cutting this ruler is great. The blade is ATTACHED to the ruler! You can't cut "off". It's also a 24 inch ruler so yeah! Large pieces! It's made by Fisker's. I would not trade it for the world!
See if you can find one because I got it when I was a new quilter because the rotary really scared me and with this WOW! I have been quilting about 10 years and still go to it first.
Also check your quarter inch on your foot for sewing. If you are squaring your blocks it's probably that!
You can find that "roto ruler" at Nancy's Notions. I have one too. Bought it years ago and have used it for many projects that weren't quilting (I have a posterboard dedicated blade for my kid projects. I love precise cuts.) It uses the normal Fiskar 45 mm replacement blades. LOVE IT. It is the go to cutter for long straight cuts at my house.